[CUBE] [Cube] OS X.2.6 Functionality

abillups at mac.com abillups at mac.com
Mon May 12 18:40:56 PDT 2003

10.2.6 seems to work alright for me, but I am still having the usb
sound cut out problem.

My friend, however, had a major crash when trying to download the
upgrade. Halfway through the download/install/optamization (sp) her
cube froze and has only exhibited the spinning dial ever since. We got
it started with her Jaguar disks and she has backed up to an external
firewire. She went out and bought the newest version of Norton, which
repaired a lot of things, but didn't fix the problem.

On questioning her further, she revealed she had been having kernal
panics on a regular basis, so I am thinking hardware. Upon further
discussion, she said the HD has been getting very noisy. Now I am very
suspicious of the HD, so she is going to order an WD 80 Gig from OWC,

Has anyone else lost system files during one of the
install/upgrade/optamizations (sp)  that the software upgrade panel
does? I am thinking that if the hd burped, it corrupted the system
files and she is in need of of system install. She needs the new hd
anyway as she was still running the original 20, and she just bought
EYETV. She was blaming the installation of that, but I don't think that
is the cause.

Any other ideas.

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 05:50  PM, David Flory wrote:

> On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 02:31  PM, Rod Clifford wrote:
>
>> A quick survey:
>> Who has installed 10.2.6 on their cubes and how is it working?
>
> I couldn't run 10.2.5 at all due to the apparently USB related kernel
> panics. 10.2.6 works just fine for me. Fair winds and happy bytes,
> Dave Flory
> --
> --
> Check out the marine mammals @
> <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory/Menu5.html>
> --
>     Speak softly and study Aikido, then you won't need a big stick.
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Mac ISPSerious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!

>   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

>  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net