[CUBE] iPod Old or New? and iTrip now shipping

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sat May 17 06:49:21 PDT 2003

Would this work for operas, too?  I had ripped Turandot a few weeks
ago, and last night I finally listened to it via iTrip on my stereo
system.  iTunes ripped each passage as a different selection, and
that is great for finding particular passages from the opera, but it
makes the listening experience very disjointed.  And, it also seems
to cut off a few seconds from the end of the passages.  Also, for
some strange reason, it plays the introduction to Act 2 at the very
end of the opera!

BTW, iTrip ( US$35 at
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/) seems to work
superbly.  It's just begun to ship.  I received mine by UPS 2nd day
air at about 6PM last night, and I have tried it on stereo sets
inside the house, but not yet in my car.  Aesthetically, it is a
BEAUTY!  Especially that bright blue LED against the snow-white
tubular body.  You can shut off the LED, but I just love being able
to see its beauty.  As for range, it is a pretty up-close
proposition, maybe a bit analogous to Blue Tooth.  When I placed it
atop my stereo receiver, the reception was nearly perfect.  I was
able to get half-decent reception when I took it into the bathroom,
about 20 feet from the receiver, but the reception was only
acceptable when I actually held the iPod in my hand (I guess that my
body became a radiating antenna, too).  FYI, Griffin folk are still
working on an iTrip model to fit the new iPods.

Thanks for any additional enlightenment,

Steve

(BTW, I took the liberty of cc:-ing the general G4 list, as this is
likely to be of interest to a wider group of Mac folk.  Please excuse
me if I have breached list etiquette.)