[CUBE] Panther and sleep issues

David Flory daflory at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 1 10:37:33 PST 2003

On Nov 1, 2003, at 9:47 AM, Ken Miller wrote:

> I have a 1 Ghz Powerlogix upgraded Cube and have been trying to
> install Panther.  Previously I had the coma problem so my energy
> settings were to never sleep but to put the display and hard drive to
> sleep.  My problem is that now the monitor will not even go to sleep.
> I also have a nvidia GF3 card.

I have the same except for stock Rage 128 card and 1.5 G. of RAM and my
22" Cinema display goes to sleep OK. Try making a new user and see if
the display will sleep in that one. If so it's something that is in
your regular user setup, not Panther itself.
--
    Check out the marine mammals @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>