Any key for ejecting external firewire burner?

John Labovitz johnl at johnlabovitz.com
Sun Nov 2 08:05:39 PST 2003

On Nov 1, 2003, at 3:39 PM, Lithium wrote:

> I remember when I click eject key on pro keyboard, my external
> firewire burner's tray toggled open&close. It was just like that by
> 10.1.5 (maybe).
> I miss it.
>
> I don't like to press eject button on drive. I rarely use internal
> dvd-rom drive 'cause it fails ejecting discs so often.

There's a Menu Extra (aka "menulet") that you can put in your menu bar
that may provide an eject button.  On my wife's iMac, when you click on
the little icon, it says "Eject Superdrive".  The menulet can be found
here:

	/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

Just double-click it to put it in your menubar, then try clicking the
eject icon.  I'm not sure if it will stay in your menu across restarts;
you may have to make it a startup item (in your Accounts prefpane).

--
John Labovitz photography
www.johnlabovitz.com
johnl at johnlabovitz.com