Off topic help needed: OS 9 drag prob's

Gooeymac [steve] gooey at mac.com
Tue Nov 4 06:11:14 PST 2003

Please pardon the non-Cubist question, but I'm really hoping to have
actually done some good for a friends' iMac.

I've recently "helped" a friend get 9.1 on an iMac 350 and since doing
the clean install she's having problems in the Finder with dragging files
and folders from window to window:

from within the Finder,
within an App (Outlook Express (ie: can't drag messages to folders),
and between App's including the Finder (ie: can't drag files into an open
window of another app, say my FTP client, transmit from the Finder).

I've tried dumping various pref's, but to no avail.

I'm not locating much documentation about this in the regular places on
the web, and since you all are so smart here, I thought I'd try an appeal
to you for a solution.  Thanks in advance.

</swh>
    :: steve hokenson
    :: iChat gooey at mac.com