[CUBE] Off topic help needed: OS 9 drag prob's

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Tue Nov 4 06:24:43 PST 2003

Hi there to all,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

I think I might help You with this one... Please download the latest version of the CarbonLib extension for Mac OS 9 (v 1.6) from < http://www.apple.com/swupdates/ > or open your Software Update control panel and choose to do it online.

Restart zapping P-RAM (option+cmd+P+R) and let it chime 2 times. Now press cmd+option keyboards 'til the 'rebuild the desktop' dialog box shows up. I think this might solve.

BTW, do you also have the latest version of OE (v 5.0.6)?

Good luck,

LM

>>> gooey at mac.com - 2003/11/04 14:11 PM >>>
Please pardon the non-Cubist question, but I'm really hoping to have
actually done some good for a friends' iMac.

I've recently "helped" a friend get 9.1 on an iMac 350 and since doing
the clean install she's having problems in the Finder with dragging files
and folders from window to window:

from within the Finder,
within an App (Outlook Express (ie: can't drag messages to folders),
and between App's including the Finder (ie: can't drag files into an open
window of another app, say my FTP client, transmit from the Finder).

I've tried dumping various pref's, but to no avail.

I'm not locating much documentation about this in the regular places on
the web, and since you all are so smart here, I thought I'd try an appeal
to you for a solution.  Thanks in advance.

</swh>
    :: steve hokenson
    :: iChat gooey at mac.com

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com

 T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>