[CUBE] The Return of the CUBE???

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 04:15:35 PST 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 11:51 PM, david sarcastix wrote:

>> Bill Fox wrote:
>
>> Perish the thought!
>
> Oooohhhhhhh a G5 Brushed aluminum iMac CUBE (iCube!), with a kickin'
> G5 in
> it might be FUN!

I agree it would be fun, I just don't think turning the Cube into an
iMac is a great idea. Besides, if it were an iMac it wouldn't be
upgradable, one of the knocks against the Cube. The legacy of the Cube
should be that it is as powerful a computer as was available at the
time but in that tiny, great-looking package.

> Or maybe, without a screen and with different configurations, could
> range
> from $699 to wherever. And finally give the public an inexpensive iMac.

Apple has stated that it will not be in the commodity market. Of
course, minds could change.

Bill