Cheap Pcs vs Apple lol

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 13 07:24:39 PST 2003

No one out there wants to compete with a $400 piece of crap constructed
in some dealers basement with dubious warrantees and no Ram whatsoever.
Hell, even Gateway is advertising plasma tvs instead of computers now.

A Mac at $799 is about as low as it needs to be.  There is reason (no
benefit) to compete for clients that will not spend anything more than
the barest, lowest amount neccesary - they are not loyal to anything
but their wallet.  It would be a shame to degrade a Mac to meet this
cheap a demand and it would certainly harm the rest of the lines
pricing.  Apple does not sell junk - and that is one of the reasons
they are succesful and we continue to buy at a premium (but is it a
premium or is the IBM clone market just overly underpriced?).

jj

PS; A G5 cube would be kinda nice, but I sure do like the one I have
now.