[CUBE] This was strange.... (USB Speakers problem)

Chip Everts chipeverts at mac.com
Mon Nov 24 14:58:42 PST 2003

François!

I have a solution! I had the same problem just this weekend. I knew
that the balance controls were usually in the Output section of the
Sound pref, but there was NO slider to adjust that. Yesterday I
unplugged my speakers (USB) and plugged them back in and the slider
magically appeared! They are all back to normal now! Try that- hope it
works for you.
Oh. just re-read your post, looks like you've found the unplug-replug
trick. Maybe you just shouldn't reboot your cube ; )
-Chip