wondering about GigaDesigns CPU card...

Christian Leue c.leue at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 00:08:44 PST 2003

GigaDesigns states that you can run the card at 1.2 GHz in a stock
Cube, or 1.0 GHz if you have upgraded the graphics card and/or hard
disk.

My card is on order, and while I am waiting for it, I started wondering
about the following:  In day-to-day operations (Safari, Mail, iPhoto,
iTunes), would there be a better perceived speed increase by running
the CPU at 1.2 GHz and keeping the stock Rage128 card (I am currently
quite satisfied with the performance of this card on my 17" Studio
Display), or should I slow down to 1.0 GHz and install a (fan-less)
QuartzExtrem-compatible video card?

Cheers,
Christian