Panther doesn't support processor upgrade cards

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Wed Oct 8 21:49:50 PDT 2003

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/requirements.html

> Confirm that your hardware can run Mac OS X Version 10.3 Panther
> Mac OS X Version 10.3 requires a Macintosh with a PowerPC G3, G4, or G5
> processor, built-in USB; at least 128MB of physical RAM and a built-in display
> or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your
> computer. Mac OS X does not support processor upgrade cards. Verify your
> hardware is supported from the list below.

(check the supported hardware at the URL above)

>From Apple's website.  No doubt there will be patches, and who knows
exactly, precisely what will run and what won't. With what configuration.

So, I'm waiting for people who know what this means, other than I, who knows
nothing, to start tossing around opinions and wise advice.

Nevertheless.

Caveat Emptor.

Your mileage may vary

Offer void where prohibited

Earliest postmark wins

Batteries not included

Don't talk with your mouth full

Stop tracking mud over my nice clean floor

WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!

David Sarcastix

http://www.sarcastix.com