[CUBE] Panther October 24

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 10 06:00:50 PDT 2003

     David Lambourn wrote:

>On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 23:54 Europe/London, Bill Fox wrote:
>
>>  Exactly. I keep hoping Apple will do the same to Safari. Vertical
>>  space is precious.
>
>Even if only for those of us who would like to see a page at a time on
>the screen - is that so much to ask after twenty years?

     I can see a page displayed vertically, even with Safari or Word
toolbars.... but of course, those are A-size pages, not A4. You'd
think the Japanese and Korean manufacturers of the LCD panels, who
after all use A4 like everyone else in the ROW (rest of the world)
but the ever-unilateral US, would take that into account when they
decide how to arrange the transistors in these suckers. I guess it's
all driven by mass market (read "TV") form factors, for which
computer monitors are still a relatively small market share.... or at
least the LCD manufacturers hope they will be someday, when everyone
has an HDTV flat panel on their living room wall.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA