Monitor doesn't sleep on 10.2.8

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Sun Oct 12 11:22:08 PDT 2003

Greetings, all.

Last weekend I upgraded to 10.2.8.2, then I had to rebuild my Cube
after it wouldn't start up -- it got stuck on the blue screen and
didn't give a login prompt.  Nothing on Apple's OS X Boot
Troubleshooting page did the trick, so a complete rebuild was in order.

Anyway, I have since found that my Cube will NOT put the monitor to
sleep, and will not go to sleep itself -- even though it is set to put
the monitor to sleep after ~10  minutes of non-use and the system is
supposed to go to sleep after ~20 minutes of non-use.

Anyone else having sleep issues with 10.2.8.2?

Eagle