[CUBE] internal slot loading DVDr

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Oct 22 19:45:26 PDT 2003

mentholiptus wrote:
> Anyone here have the internal slot load DVD-R drive for their cube?
>
> I'm wondering how you all like it so far. I'm thinking about getting
> one when the prices drop a bit.
>

> jesse

I've had one for the last 4 or 5 months (practically since they first
came out) and I'm quite happy with it.  It's a bit slow burning DVDs,
but it's alot faster than what I had before (nothing).

It's a bit tricky getting media into it, though.  You have to pretend
like it's a coin slot in a vending machine and give it a bit of a
shove to get it down to the takeup motor.  Not tough once you get
the hang of it.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator