Reader reports MCE 2x DVD-R/DVD-RAM slotted Superdrive not supported in 10.3

Don Linares don.linares at verizon.net
Mon Oct 27 11:19:45 PST 2003

Reader reports MCE 2x DVD-R/DVD-RAM slotted Superdrive not supported in
10.3 - As mentioned before here when they started shipping, the MCE
(Matshita) slotted 2x DVD-R + DVD-RAM superdrive for Powerbooks and
Cubes required  custom/modified device-plugin file for iTunes, etc.
burn support. A reader that upgraded to 10.3 just wrote that the drive
is not supported.

" Hi Mike, You were kind enough to help me out a few months ago
regarding a problem w/ my then newly installed (MCE slotted) DVD
burner. I did receive the plug in from MCE, and everything worked great
after I switched it out.
When 10.2.8 came out, at first the problem resurfaced (wouldn't
recognize the drive after the upgrade), but I just pulled out the old
plug-in and (MatshitaCDR.device-plugin) - which appeared again after
the OS upgrade, and replaced w/ the one sent from MCE
(MCE2XDVDRCDR.device-plugin) and it worked fine.

Now that I've upgraded to 10.3 I expereinced the same problem, assumed
I could just repeat the above process and be all set, but it doesn't
work.  First off, the MatshitaCDR.device-plugin didn't reappear and
reinserting the MCE... Plugin didn't do anything.
Any thoughts, any of your other readers experiencing this problem?
George "

Panther does not use the individual device-plugin files that
10.2.x/10.1.x did, mentioned in this article back in June here on
Panther Burn Support/Mods . Unless a reader with this drive has any
fixes, I'd contact MCE to ask if they are working on this and/or wait
for a 10.3 compatible version of PatchBurn.