[OT] booting from external hard drive.

A Marshall a.marshall at mac.com
Wed Oct 29 07:06:00 PST 2003

hi

i'm doing a live event in a weeks time and instead of taking my cube & screen along, a friend said he would lend me his iBook (500).  As he is running OS9 on his machine, and to save transfering all the files i need onto his computer, i thought i would take my drive out the cube, pop it into a firewire enclosure and boot up off it using the iBook, will this work ok? and if so, is there a keyboard shortcut to use (i seem to remember something about holding down the F key)

thanks for any help
alan.