[CUBE] Radeon 7500 long term in Cube?

Julian Tracy julian at leswardphoto.com
Tue Sep 2 13:49:45 PDT 2003

> I'm wondering if anyone that has been using an Apple OEM Radeon 7500 in
> their Cube can share their experience. Specifically, I'm considering
> going to a Radeon 7500 (Apple OEM pull) in my Cube, which already has a
> base fan) and am considering running it as is (no fence, no added fan
> on the card) and hope to hear from someone that's tried this for a
> while. I've heard that running it without a fence and with a base fan
> is enough.

I've had a 7500 in my Cube for the better part of a year now, and have had
no problems thus far.  In fact, I ran it with no base fan or added card fan
for 3-4 months and seemed to have no distinct heat-related problems.  Now I
have the base fan with the Sonnet upgrade and all still seems well.

Can't speak towards performance as I only upgraded to allow for two
displays, and I don't do any gaming really.

I've left the fence on, but have modified it with a 1/2 hole between the
display connectors; and I've removed the modem.

I don't have my Cube on all day, I only run it for 5-7 hours per night at
most.

Regards,

Julian Tracy