[CUBE] OT -- Safari going limp on me

Wes Rand wrand at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 08:00:56 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 08:09 AM, Cube List wrote:

> At 12:13 AM +0200 9/8/03, Riba wrote:
>> Try Richards suggestion to clear the cache.
>
> From: Steve Goldstein <sng at cox.net>
>
> Been there; done that (Reset does that and more).  No cigar! Thanks
> for trying to help, though.
>
> --Steve

I have had periodic problems with Safari. Usually having it stop
Apple support discussions there were a few ideas to help solve these
(which didn't always solve my problems.) One is to change the fonts
that Safari uses. Deleting preferences and emptying caches also is
recommended. Someone else said he had luck deleting the bookmarks file
(but it is a huge pain to reimport them.) I've had luck running fsck
and a utility like Cocktail or Onyx. But I also keep Camino around to
use as a backup.

-Wes