[CUBE] OT -- Safari going limp on me

Mon Sep 8 08:36:54 PDT 2003

On Monday, Sep 8, 2003, at 08:00 US/Pacific, Wes Rand wrote:

> I have had periodic problems with Safari. Usually having it stop
> Apple support discussions there were a few ideas to help solve these
> (which didn't always solve my problems.) One is to change the fonts
> that Safari uses. Deleting preferences and emptying caches also is
> recommended. Someone else said he had luck deleting the bookmarks file
> (but it is a huge pain to reimport them.) I've had luck running fsck
> and a utility like Cocktail or Onyx. But I also keep Camino around to
> use as a backup.
>
> -Wes

Safari seems to randomly crash on me when doing a lot forms sending. I
do a lot of eBay sales and web eMail, and it just seems to crash when
I'm writing that last sentence and another tab or two is loading in the
background.

I've never crashed doing that kind of stuff with Camino, but I prefer
the HTML handling and GUI of Safari more now. I just can't go back!

-Oz