OS X Installation (slightly OT)

jallan at freeuk.com jallan at freeuk.com
Tue Sep 16 11:39:11 PDT 2003

By any chance did you run Norton on this Cube?

Because doing so can create that effect. Norton nicely correctly all those
"wrong files" that start with a dot [ . ] and makes visible other stuff like
Bin and so on.

Clean install time or carbon clone an other drive, I reckon. I dont know what
the official line is on this. I have not read any statements by Symantec but I
guess they are there.

I have certainly seen this problem but reckoned it come from that source. The
Mac still ran. interested to other experience.

John