[CUBE] New laptops, keyboard, mouse

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 04:47:07 PDT 2003

I absolutely abhor the Apple keyboards (that came after the ADB
ones), and a one-button mouse is almost useless.  I have been using a
Macally keyboard (I switched the keycaps for the letters and numbers
with the white ones from my ADB keyboard) and either a Logitech
optical mouse or a wireless optical mouse (I got a good deal through
a Dealmac notice on a Memorex wireless) for years already.  But, I
find just about any 2+ (L, wheel, R) mouse (plus USB Overdrive X)  is
better than the 1-button Apple mouse.

My main beef with the Apple keyboards is that often with my personal
style of typing, input is skipped here and there when I think I have
hit the keys squarely and properly, and I have to go back and make
corrections.  Also, they are a bit too small and compact for my big
hands.

--Steve