[CUBE] New laptops, keyboard, mouse

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Fri Sep 19 13:21:55 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 07:29 US/Eastern, Tom Hostler wrote:
> Plus they're white, which looks very dirty very quickly. I was at
> Apple Expo
> yesterday, and by the end of the day the keyboards & mice were covered
> in
> dirty fingerprints after just one day of use. IMHO the white
> peripherals
> don't match the Aluminium G5/Powerbook Pro look and the G5 line looks
> very
> disjointed - Aluminium G5, White (iBook like peripherals) and Lucite
> Cinema
> displays that harp back to Quicksilver G4 days. All in all a visual
> mess
> IMHO.

Tom,

I totally agree.  The Cube looks GREAT with the matching Studio LCD and
silver keyboard with black keys.

I like the look of the new G5 but it looks ridiculous next to a Studio
LCD.  Apple REALLY needs to update the LCDs to look nice with the G5
box, and I'm sure they'll do this before too much longer.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks a Studio LCD looks silly
next to a G5. :)

Eagle