My new Hard Drive

JwD 4jwd at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 07:43:36 PDT 2003

Greetings:  I've followed the groups advice over time and now I have a
problem to ask about.

An "expert" (not from this Cube List) suggested that I could install a new
Hard drive by just installing it and booting it up, using my latest OS CD.

I've had No luck doing so. After trying it with a new 120Gg. HD, I brought
the Drive down to my local Apple dealer and asked them to format it with Mac
extended format. They tried and said it was a bad drive.

I exchanged it for another... still won't boot from my OS CD.

What now? I'm starting to get more money tied-up in mail, insurance, and the
local dealer- then I spent on the new Hard Drive.

Please, any suggestions.

Jim Dawson
G4 Cube
500DP