[CUBE] Help save a cube.... could it be a prototype? PICTURES

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Fri Apr 2 04:25:09 PST 2004

On 4/2/04 4:19 AM, "Riba" <riba at hi.hinet.hr> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2004, at 9:02 AM, John Murray wrote:
>
>> Here are the promised pictures. Comments welcome. At
>> this point, I haven't gotten it to boot... will do
>> more due diligence this weekend.
>>
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/johnwmurrayjr
>
> Ahh, as I suspected, that looks like the case PowerLogix was/is
> selling. Don't know about VRM though.

That case is *not* the PowerLogix PowerCube case. Not far off from the early
PowerCube prototype enclosure PowerLogix and I had "floated" out there for
feedback when the PowerCube was being developed though.  Whatever it is,
it's ugly and looks poorly constructed and it's unlikely to have been made
by Apple (Steve Jobs might not even let something that ugly on the campus...
LOL).

The red VRM is interesting, but without a close up of the board, it's hard
to say where it came from or how, if at all, it differs from the green
production boards.