[CUBE] 2mx heat

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Mon Apr 5 00:15:17 PDT 2004

I have a GF3, which has a fan, and I have to be careful about the
heat... I got "ThermoInDock" to monitor the CPU temp, and I raised the
Cube 1/4" on some lifters at the corners... This eases the
thermodynamic cooling and as long as I keep the ambient temp at 75F or
less, I have no problems... Running my Formac Studio TVR to watch TV
seems to generate the most heat for me, but I've gotten it to where the
CPU never gets above 133F, which is comfortably within the "green
zone"... If it goes above 140F, I shut it down [Don't have that problem
since raising the Cube]... Since the heat sensor is in the CPU, and not
the video card, I play it safe... Several list members have burnt
GF3's, but I've never heard a tale of woe about the GF2... It was a
factory option, so you should be OK...

Pep