[CUBE] Off Topic

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Apr 16 02:23:13 PDT 2004

Bob,

1. Assuming you have a dvd/cdrw PM G4 Cube, and your cds are writing/reading OK in there, I'd suggest you to test your data cds in an external cd drive attached to your iBook. This could determine if you're dealing with a 'faulty' cdr drive.

2. Assuming you have a dvd/cd drive PM G4 Cube, I presume you're writing your cds using an external cdr/cdrw drive, right? So, have you tried to attach this drive to your iBook and see if they mount?

3. Before trying anything else... have you tried zapping PRAM and fixing permissions on your iBook?

Hope this helps,
LM

>>> hippie1 at mac.com - 2004/04/16 04:42 AM >>>
Hello,

Data CD's that I have burned will work fine in my Cube running 10.2.8,
as
will all others.

The same CD (data) is not even recognized in my old iMac/333 running
10.3.3.
I do not believe that the OS is an issue, as the iMac started this
behavior
even when running 8.6 and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve this
issue.
It will play self-burned audio and "factory" CD's.
I know that this is not really a Cube issue and will understand your
"shunning" of me.
I was just hoping that someone else may have experienced this.
I have used both Toast "lite" and Titanium 5 with the same results.
Thanks
Be kind
Bob

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com

 T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

Esta comunicación por correo electrónico, así como cualquiera de los archivos adjuntos que incorpore, contiene información privada y confidencial para uso exclusivo de sus destinatarios originales. Queda prohibida la difusión, copia o utilización de dicha información por terceros. Si usted lo recibiera por error, por favor, notifíquelo al remitente y destruya el mensaje con todas sus copias