[CUBE] CPU upgrade boots first time, but then not ...

Alan Baldwin alan.baldwin at eknowledge.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 14:23:07 PDT 2004

Christian

Apologies for not replying sooner - i was on vacation.
My gigadesigns G-celerator cube upgrade is now working ok.  I have it
set to 1GHz as I don't have a fan.  I have the earlier version that did
not require a fan.

The support team suggested that I change the voltage settings on the
giga board.  I increased the voltage, and had intermittent success.
Increased it again and everything seems to work ok 95% if the time.  I
occasionally have a coma from which the cube will not wake - but only
occasionally.

I'm not sure what the consequences of increasing the voltage are - r
what effect it has on the system, and the recent instructions posted on
Giga web site say don't do this as it will damage the cube.

My voltage is set slightly higher than that specified for a cube
without fan on the 1 page install guide.

As yo0u are in contact with Giga, I'm sure they will be able to help.
I can report a happy ending to my story.

Alan