Cube upgrades...

Michael Swale swale at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:54:11 PDT 2004

Well I have had my G4 500 cube for a while now, and it's just not keeping up
with my 1.25 tower.

I want to upgrade the video card from the G-force 2 32mb to a G-force 3, but
I can't seam to find one under $300!! Is there and source for a faster card
that needs to modifications to the cube to work?

Next, I'm already at 1.5gig ram

There is also a WD 7200RPM 8mb hard drive waiting, what was the stock one? A
5400rpm 2mb? I'm just wondering if this will really be a upgrade, or just
more HD space.

Lastly, I just ordered a 1.4ghz chip upgrade from OWC. Are there any tips to
installing this? I know with the system bus and older ram it will NOT be as
fast as my G4 Power Mac, but will it be considerably faster? This card was
NOT cheap and I really hope it speeds things up.

I'm running os X 10.3

Mike