OS X bug?

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Mon Apr 19 09:57:35 PDT 2004

Greetings, all.

I have discovered what may be a bug in OS X, or perhaps a bug in
HotKey, which I run as a result of my use of StickyBrain. However, I
have tried this without HotKey running, and the problem persists, so I
think it is a bug in OS X. I have searched Apple's KB and have not
found anything related to this problem.

The symptom is that the keyboard quits responding to all key sequences
except the 3-finger "Force Quit" salute. (Well, the "reboot" 3-finger
salute works too, of course.)

I have finally figured out how to reproduce the problem: use
command-tab to start changing apps, then shift-command-tab to go back
to the original application. Bam - keyboard lockout.

Would some of you mind trying this sequence to let me know if it locks
you out? And then try the Force Quit sequence (command-option-escape)
to see if that restores your keyboard?

Please specify whether you run StickyBrain or other hot-key software,
and your OS X version.

Thanks for helping me track this one down.  I will be submitting a bug
to Apple once I define the problem's parameters.

Eagle