[CUBE] Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

Rod Clifford rod at eslickdesign.com
Tue Apr 20 07:48:50 PDT 2004

If you are used to the silence of the cube, it is advisable to listen
to the G4 unit 1st. They have been
dubbed "wind tunnel" for a good reason. Co-worker uses DP 800something
Mhz in an office and I can
hear it out in the "common" area. Fan speed also varies w/CPU usage (it
DOES get louder).
Can't speak for the G5, but I understand fans are software controlled
for silence. Ditto for the 1Ghz iMac.
True, the cube is aging but, as Riba mentioned, 450 Mhz and the
psychological (for me) speed gain of adding
a 7200RPM hard drive is fine for me   Rod