[CUBE] Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

Stevie erasmus at t-online.de
Tue Apr 20 07:32:59 PDT 2004

Hi Chip,

I thought about this very often too.

But my conclusion is not to upgrade the cube at all and to work on with it.
At least it is - even with OS-X 10.3.3 - the most silent and small mac at all.
And the speed is - even with 450 Mhz - enough for every days work.

I shall buy another faster Mac (G6 Dual 4,5 GHz or so :-), when I've
got enough money
but probably I shall never sell my cube.

Cause it is a wonderful calm, cool (I mean the temperature!) and low
powerconsumpting machine...

But of course, that's a very individual decision

Stevie

When the price of a G4-1,4 GHz processor is lower than now, that's
perhaps an option, but no necessity.