[CUBE] [CUBE]

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Thu Aug 5 12:34:30 PDT 2004

Common sense and general USB knowledge are fine, but the Cube speakers
are peculiar beasts. Does the typical "powered hub" supply more power than
the onboard USB port on a non-cube G4? That article pretty clearly says
that the Cube speakers should not be used with other G-4's, unless via the
monitor port. Not the keyboard (of course), not the onboard port, and not
any third-party USB device. The reason is clearly stated:

"The Apple USB (Universal Serial Bus) Speakers included with the Power Mac
G4 Cube computer require more power to operate than is provided by a
typical USB port."

I'm not saying that the cube speakers _won't_ work with a powered hub.
But the referenced article does NOT say that they will. The implication is the
opposite.