[CUBE] FW cable attached (maybe O/T, maybe NOT)

Riba riba at ml1.net
Fri Aug 6 01:26:03 PDT 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:14:04 +0200, "Luis Meleiro"
<luis_meleiro at cilsp.com> said:
> So I presume your answer was not a suggestion to do it (IP over FW), but
> rather a way to say it is safe to leave the FW cable attached all the
> time. Right!?

Yes, I used it just to illustrate why I believe it is fine to keep it
plugged the whole time. However as atoa said, you might as well set up a
IP over FW networking so you do not have to restart any of the machines
to enter the target disk mode. It is not a big deal, it is set up and
configured just like a regular network adapter.