[CUBE] FW cable attached (maybe O/T, maybe NOT)

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Aug 6 01:58:34 PDT 2004

OK, thanks again!

Honestly can't imagine how to do it. But I'll look into my "Network" preference pane and check if I'm able to catch the fly all by myself.

;)
LM

>>> riba at ml1.net - 2004/08/06 09:26 AM >>>

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:14:04 +0200, "Luis Meleiro"
<luis_meleiro at cilsp.com> said:
> So I presume your answer was not a suggestion to do it (IP over FW), but
> rather a way to say it is safe to leave the FW cable attached all the
> time. Right!?

Yes, I used it just to illustrate why I believe it is fine to keep it
plugged the whole time. However as atoa said, you might as well set up a
IP over FW networking so you do not have to restart any of the machines
to enter the target disk mode. It is not a big deal, it is set up and
configured just like a regular network adapter.