[CUBE] [CUBE]

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Fri Aug 6 05:57:26 PDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, TonVanHest wrote:

> Op 6-aug-04 om 1:07 heeft atoa at krak.net het volgende geschreven:
>
>> But thanks for validating my usage of the phrase "stubborn as a Dutchman".
>
> I also must thank you for once again proving that there are many Apple
> zealots!

By which you demonstrate (again) that your ability to follow a
thread is apparently as deficient as your ability to read an Apple
informational document.

Would you please point out the grounds for your conclusion that I am an
Apple zealot? A more perceptive reader might have concluded the opposite.
For example, I said:

"I'm not saying that the cube speakers _won't_ work with a powered hub."

and later:

"the fact (according to Apple)".

Perhaps you noticed that I did not directly respond to your statements
regarding Apple's sales practices, and concluded that my silence was a
defense. If so, you were wrong. I did not respond because they were
largely irrelevant, and if anything, undercut your position. Do you
seriously think that Apple's purpose in putting out that article was to
convince people to buy an Apple monitor, or even a Cube, in order to use a
product that was never, as far as I know, sold apart from the Cube
itself?

My sole purpose in this thread has been to point out that your description
of the article was wrong. As I've said before, this list becomes less
useful if erroneous information is not corrected. Had you simply
responded, after my initial post, "hey, I was wrong", that would have been
the end. As it is, many posts later, you still haven't admitted your
mistake.