[Cube] Power Cord Glow on or Off?

Gooeymac [steve] gooey at mac.com
Thu Dec 2 07:45:47 PST 2004

Dear Cube Listers,

My beloved Cube has recently gone dark - due to my own bit of negligence
I'm afraid to say - and I've just ordered the part I hope will bring it
back to life, the DC-DC card the Cube uses to convert the Power brick's
current to the rest of the machine. At least that's how I understand it.

Does the light on the power cord, at the Cube end, light all the time
that there is a current present to it (like PB's & iBooks), or is it on
only when the machine turns on? I should have observed, this before, but
I'd like confirmation from working Cube users.

I'm guessing this will be my first bit of evidence that I've swapped the
right part in - if it lights after putting in the new DC-DC card.

Any thoughts from this infinitely helpful and knowledgeable crew?

    :: steve hokenson
    :: miami, fl