[Cube] Slink-e

Donald Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Mon Dec 27 04:24:16 PST 2004

My understanding is that the designer of Slink-e/developer of CDJ
violated a number of Microsoft held patents in the Slink-e.  After a
legal wrangle, the settlement was that at some future point (July 2004,
apparently) production and sale of Slink-e would stop.  The
designer/developer, on the other hand, got a position at Microsoft.

How true this is I don't know, but Nirvis (the Slink-e producer) did
announce its closing this last summer.

Title Track bought Slink-e's from Nirvis, but developed its own
software for Macs.  Apparently without a supply of Slink-es, they
decided to fold the firm.  The prior URLs for them are now dead.

The owner, developer was named Dave Dinkelspiel, I believe.  Does
anyone know of him?  Does he have a garage full of unsold software?

Any one know.

==

On a brighter side, there apparently is a Slink-e substitute for
running Sony CD Changers -- BlackBoxDesigns makes a similar but less
complex interface unit named SAV-R.  I imagine this would work with
Title Track on a Cube.  And if one needs a good USB-Serial Port adapter
to use with a Slink-e or SAV-R, Dev Depot is offering a Keyspan one
currently on sale.

Don