Size of FireWire disks?

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Mon Feb 2 00:38:05 PST 2004

I know that the max size for an internal disk is ~120GB (I currently
have 80GB 7200RPM), but does that limit extend to externally attached
FireWire drives?  Can a single external FireWire drive exceed 120GB?

I'm thinking about getting one of those new 1TB LaCie drives.

Will I have chop it up into 120GB logical drives?  Will the Cube
recognize the whole thing that way?

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator