[CUBE] Cube Modernization - new: graphic card data

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Feb 1 11:16:40 PST 2004

Hello Stevie,

> And I got quite disappointing results.
> Now I want to know, in which degree the graphic performance depends on
> the CPU.
> Would some of you tell us their results on a cube with CPU-upgrade
> (esp. 1.2 GHz or so)?

My opinion is that upgrading to anything more powerful than nvidia 2MX
or original Radeon does not make sense unless you upgrade your
processor to. The original processor becomes a bottleneck with faster
graphic cards.
Of those you tested, Radeon 8500 is the fastest. geforce 4MX is pretty
mediocre, not worth the effort.