Audio/Voice conferencing on the web

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Sat Feb 7 19:50:11 PST 2004

Folks;

A friend of mine and I are collaborating on some kids stories, and want
to do a lot of story audio conferencing over the internet. We both have
high speed connections (me dsl, him cable), and have tried to use Yahoo
Messenger, but cant' make it work. Do I need a special headset with a
microphone made for the computer in order to connect to him and talk?
What am I missing?

I'm on a Mac with Panther. He's on Windows and XP.  His menu choices
include "enable or activate voice", but I have nothing like this.  Has
anyone had experience with this or with any other method that's
successful?

We have a shareware called Squidcam, but we haven't been able to make
this work. We're working with the guy who made it up to help our cause.
So far, though, we are dead in the water.

It's frustrating because I've been told by the people at the Apple
Store here that "with yahoo! and msn it's real easy to do voice
conferencing with a mac."  So far, nothing.

Unless this is interesting to the group, please email me off-list.

Thanks in advance.

Mark