[CUBE] Audio/Voice conferencing on the web

Keith Rowland keith2004 at rowlandnet.com
Sat Feb 7 22:05:22 PST 2004

I have been investigating this myself over the last 2 weeks.

First of all, Apple did announce a new Beta version of iChat AV that
will support talking to the new AOL Instant Messenger w/Video Chat. So
that is one option. Theoretically a Mac user can Video conference with
a Windows user.

http://www.apple.com/ichat

Prior to that announcement, I researched the field and found 2
solutions for Mac and Windows Video Conferencing.

http://www.ivisit.info

http://www.ispq.com

Both support and have client software for Mac OS-X and Windows. I've
used ivisit.info, but haven't gotten isqp working yet due to NAT
gateway/firewall issues. Both of these guys have community chat rooms.
ivisit allows multiple people in video chat. ispq has text chat and
then you invite members to your private chat room.

Either of these should work for you.

KR