OT, again!!!: GarageBand question

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Sun Feb 8 05:49:05 PST 2004

Folks;

I attend a tai chi class where our instructor discusses/lectures
frequently. It occurred to me I can record this using GarageBand and a
microphone with my 500 mhz dual usb iBook.  However, I'm not sure of a
number of things:

A) what format to save it to in order to burn a cd.

B) What size of file will it be if it's an hour and a half to two hour
talk

C) Is it workable to record such a length of audio and not completely
bog down the system?  I'm not looking for professional quality, though
this would be great if it were possible, if this will be an impediment
to the system. "Good enough" will be good enough.

Most important, since my hard drive is only 10 gb, can I install GB on
my 15 gb iPod and run it off of there (connected to the iBook, of
course)?

Thanks in advance.

Mark