[CUBE] OT, again!!!: GarageBand question

A M alexmay at lineone.net
Sun Feb 8 06:10:07 PST 2004

Mark,

A) Format has to be .aiff or any uncompressed format. Wav would do. You
could burn it if it was an MP3 as Toast will automatically convert to aiff.

B) For file sizes, a 3 min song in aiff is about 35-40mb (stereo) (half of
that if it's mono.) So you're looking around 800mb for an hour.

C) If you have the right program to handle the audio you should be fine,
albeit a little low saving the file. I can recommend Peak.

Make sure it's 44.1khz and 16 Bit which is CD quality.

Finally I have no idea about Garage Band!

I think you have a DVD of the samples etc, maybe you could use toast and
create a disc image of the DVD and run it off your ipod.

All the best,

Alex