[CUBE] OT, again!!!: GarageBand question

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Sun Feb 8 19:38:01 PST 2004

You're right. I never thought of it. We got the iLife because of the
new iMovie and GarageBand.  I thought GB would be useful with our new
1.25 ghz iMac for digitizing analog tapes I have of interviews,
lectures, etc. (Hhhhmmmm, now that I think of it, my Sony Pro Walkman
recorder might be up for sale soon if the Belkin does the trick.
<sinister laughter ensues>) I also thought it'd be fun to learn a
little piano some day with one of those tiny keyboards. Hey, for $50 I
can learn piano on a $50,000 Yamaha grand piano.  However...

...I've had the iPod for a while but never thought to connect the dots
about the announcement of Belkin's mic and what I wanted to do. I'd
been lugging around this Sony and got tired of the bulk.  This is a
really great Sony, as those who know the machine will attest, but for
my simple purposes, it's just too much and cumbersome.  I'm wondering
if the sound recording with the Belkin will be clear and good quality,
for some archival purposes.

Does it record in such a way you can get more than one hour per cd?
I'm unfamiliar with the technology. I'd imagine the iPod could record
hours of lectures with 15 gb, and this would be all loadable into
iTunes or whatever (Audion has been suggested), and then burnable to a
cd.

Wow, what a huge, great idea. Thank you very much.

Mark