[CUBE] Cube List > NNTP

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Tue Feb 10 20:44:01 PST 2004

> what's wrong with tin, trn, xrn, or pine even?
>
> i know, just wanted to chime in.  basically, we could create a public
> newsgroup, you know, the real usenet out there in the wild.

I'd suggest that anybody who wants to read it this way, install INN and
mail2news.  Subscribed a custom address to the list and gateway it in.

I've been doing it for almost 15 years for most lists (only a couple of
years for the Cube list).  I don't have any intention of supporting it
for the whole community - I don't have the time or energy to do so -
but it's really not that difficult to do yourself as long as you're the
only one using it.  And you'll learn a lot about mail2news, news2mail,
and INN in the process.

We're running *Unix*.

[To expand: the mailing list will only accept mail from subscribed
address, so a gateway for more than one address isn't generally useful.
  What a PITA.]

	-- Todd