[CUBE] Would a Cube boot with no screen connected (under OS9)

kevin at 216websolutions.com kevin at 216websolutions.com
Mon Feb 23 02:53:18 PST 2004

Panther (not Server) boots without a monitor.  My cube has no graphics
card at the moment, but it boots fine, and with VNC set to auto-start, I
can export the display to another box.I do have a keyboard attached.
Services run fine, even without VNC running.

I haven't tried OS9, but on prior boxes, I ran OS8 headless, and used
timbuktu. I had to attach a monitor cable converter (perhaps a KVM switch
would have worked) to trick the box into thinking a monitor was attached.
Though, without a card, you can't do that.