[CUBE] iPod Woes :(

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Mon Feb 23 03:19:06 PST 2004

sorry to hear that you have such a thin skin, keith.  list netiquette?
give me a break.  it's a unmoderated list run by a guy that can't even
be bothered to respond to emails from the members; it's a wonder that
the list is active and has members at all, let alone some pre-written
list etiquette.

i've grown weary of nerds who pounce upon, or become list moms
regarding the content of posts to the list.  for a lot of people on the
list, it is their only connection to other people for information
regarding apple products.  instinctively they ask the community to
which they "belong" first, before searching out other information
resources.  i believe that it is bad etiquette to pounce on them for
doing so.  the cube mailing list certainly is cube focused, but it is
an active community that posts and discusses all sorts of things
macintosh with some frequency.  i think that's healthy; obviously you
disagree.  etiquette is helping them (the "offending" poster) out.
etiquette could also include pointing the poster to other relevant
resources.  netiquette?  that's the part where you rudely respond to
the poster that their post is off-topic, provide no helpful
information, but instead make them feel alienated and bitter about
posting to the list.  riiight.

besides, it was jesse the cursed first.  bah ha ha haaa.

don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, keith.

--alan