The Starting Chime!

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 25 07:25:17 PST 2004

Check your Ram.  I had Ram go bad after being in for over a year and my
system did all sorts of strange stuff.  As you point out the problem
manifests with time - ie. with many minor corruptions this symptom
finally appears.

Do check any direct problems possible like your USB sound not starting
up properly, but once all that can be eliminated look at the RAM with a
checker program for 12-24 hours.

jj