[CUBE] Cube usb speakers

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Tue Jan 13 15:17:59 PST 2004

On 1/13/04 3:47 PM, "Erik Ableson" <eableson at mac.com> typed the following:

> Hmmm - I've actually used mine on my TiBook for a month while between
> residences ( Cube in storage) with no ill effects.  The TiBook USB
> ports are powered ports - there's nothing special about the specs on
> the Cube USB ports.
>
> Erik

Yes there is, actually.

"The Cube Speakers require "special" 10-watt USB ports to work at full
volume. The Cube has these ports, as do all Apple ADC monitors. These
special USB ports are sometimes called 20-watt ports by Apple, because the
two ports share a single 20-watt supply of power, however, the Cube Speakers
only use 10 watts per channel. Regular USB ports only supply 2.5 watts - so
don't bother trying to run your original Cube speakers off your USB hubs or
keyboards."

Laurie
--
Founder, Editor, FAQ-checker