[CUBE] Does anyone have a 7457 in their cube?

Bryce McKay bryce1 at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 13 14:56:30 PST 2004

Ordered my 1.4 7457  from OWC last Thursday...  Fed-Ex got it here to Sydney
yesterday and I put it in last night - a snap!  The Powerlogix DVD was a
great idea.

No problems thus far and I am getting more than double the stock speed
overall (Xbench - was 62 now 137  and slowed down by a full hard drive)!
Have slept and woken up the cube several times and no problems.  Panther
feels much snappier now and is starting to remind me of the glory days on
OS9...  without the crashes.  ;-)

Yes, the panaflo fan is reasonably faint and certainly quieter than our new
iMac - no more dead silence though...  :-(  however, the external drive and
room air conditioning are far noisier when their on.  Still I have a Radeon
7500 and 1.5gb RAM in the Cube and the air coming out the top vent is soooo
much cooler - so for me a bonus.

So is it worth it?  Absolutely.  Does it satisfy my need for speed?  Of
course not - but its a big step in the right direction!  ;-)

I may post some more detailed figures later on.

Bryce.